What You Should Know About a TLC Renewal Class in Nassau, NY
The Taxi and Limousine Commission ( TLC) ensures safe commuting for drivers and passengers within New York state. Therefore, it requires all drivers to renew their licenses promptly. A TLC renewal class in Nassau, NY, is essential.
When to Apply for License Renewal
According to state regulations, you can renew your driver’s license up to 90 days before its expiration date. However, if your license expires, you can still renew it, provided it’s within 180 days after the expiration date. If you exceed the timeline, you must pay an extra $25 late fee. In many cases, you must take a TLC renewal class in Nassau, NY, before renewing.
Before initiating the license renewal, you should have the following:
- DMV abstract ( only for drivers who have out-of-state licenses)
- Watch 10 minutes Sex Trafficking Awareness Training Video
- Have an NYS DMV-certified Defensive Driving certificate
How to Apply for TLC License Renewal
- Pay all the outstanding TLC, traffic, or parking tickets
- Take a drug test within 90 days of the set license expiration date)
- Take the TLC License Renewal Course in Nassau, NY
- Take the optional NYS DMV-certified Defense Driving Course
- Confirm your telephone, email, and physical address on LARS ( Licenses Applications, Renewals, and Summonses)
- Pay the renewal fee online
- Submit required documents online
If you need to take a TLC renewal class in Nassau, NY, check the AA Driver Training Center.