Overcome Age and Genetics with a Natural Hair Transplant in Great Neck, NY
The first hair transplant for male pattern baldness was performed in the 1950s by Dr. Norman Orentreich. Hair transplants have come a long way since then. Research and technological advancements have produced even better results. Take, for example, FUT and FUE hair transplant in NYC.
FUE Hair Transplant
The Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant is primarily for candidates requiring minor procedures. There are two advantages of the FUE over FUT:
- It is not necessary to harvest a strip.
- Evidence of surgery is unlikely to be detected for patients who cut their hair extremely short on the back and sides.
FUT Hair Transplant
The Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) procedure is considered THE gold standard of all methods available today. The FUT procedure follows these steps:
- Single hair follicles come from a strip of skin removed from the back or side of your head.
- The harvested follicles are implanted into the bald or thinning regions – restoring the lost hair.
Advantages of the FUE Method
- Faster healing time
- Less visible scarring
- May allow for shorter hair styles
Advantages of the FUT Method:
- Greater graft numbers (more hair moved)
- Better growth
- Allows for more surgery at a later date – better for patients with a lot of loss and those who may need multiple surgeries.
FUE and FUT both have advantages. To know which is the better option for you, call the number below for a consultation or visit Feller & Bloxham Medical online at https://fellermedical.com/ (516 487-3797).