Why Choose Invisalign Aligners Over Traditional Braces?
People who have misaligned or crooked teeth do not only have unsightly teeth, they may find it difficult to clean them. You add to this that they can suffer from a lower self-esteem because their teeth are not straight and make them feel self-conscious about their smile. The last thing they want is teeth that are hard to clean and can lead to periodontal disease that can cause damage to their jaw bones and risk periodontal disease. Anyone who suffers from crooked or misaligned teeth can benefit from having braces to help straighten their teeth. However, people are often embarrassed to be seen wearing braces that can be uncomfortable in their mouth. With today’s technology, residents now have an alternative option available to them in Sacramento the Invisalign clear braces.
Reasons People Should Choose Invisalign
- People often find that metal braces can be unattractive in the mouth, they are very noticeable to anyone the individual is speaking to. Invisalign is more attractive since they are created from a clear material that makes them practically invisible.
- They are easier to clean compared to metal braces, food can easily get stuff in the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces. Invisalign can be removed from the patient’s mouth and allow them to brush and floss their teeth as they normally would do.
- Metal braces can be uncomfortable, the wires and brackets can cut into the gum and mouth of the person. Traditional braces cannot be removed from the mouth once attached while Invisalign is a designed to be removed from the person’s mouth if they need to for short periods of time.
- Invisalign braces are performed in steps as the teeth begin to align correctly every 2-3 weeks the braces are switched out for the next set. This process can take about a year and a half to complete. However, someone who has metal braces can expect the treatment to take up to 5 years to straighten their teeth.
- These braces are safer as they do not have the bits of metal that can cause teeth to decay and reduce the amount of damage that can be caused to the gum and mouth.
Begin Your Journey to a Beautiful Smile with a Cosmetic Dentist
A cosmetic dentist understands the importance of healthy teeth and strives to provide their patients with the smile they have always wanted. From straightening crooked teeth or replacing missing ones, they have the skills and knowledge to help their patients to have a stunning smile. Whether you need general dentistry or a more complicated procedure find a dentist that provides you with the comfort that you need to feel at ease while sitting in their chair.
The Art of Dentistry is a dental clinic that provides patients in Sacramento with Invisalign. Visit their website today to learn more information about how they can help you to have a stunning smile.