Roofing Contractor: When to Hire One
Most of the time, homeowners ignore maintaining the roof of their houses assuming it to be unimportant. This may lead severe damage to their roofs in the future. Here is a list of some of the most common roofing issues that can lead to permanent damage to your property, if ignored for long:
1. Algal growth: Have dark green patches appeared on the roof of your home? Probably, they have appeared due to the growth of air borne algae. Although algal colonies don’t interfere with functionality of roofs, they may hamper the curb appeal of your home. In other words, if you continue ignoring the formation of algal colonies on the roof of your home, then your roof will look shabby and ugly over time. This may negatively effect the resale value of your home in the real estate market. So, before it’s too late, hire an efficient and skilled roofing contractor.
2. Damaged flashing: Flashing is a thin and continuous sheet of metal which is basically used for preventing water from seeping through the joints of roofs. Some of the major reasons behind damaged flashing are given below:
Improper installation of shingles
Drying of roof tiles
Denting of roof due to improper nailing
3. Buckling roof: Some of the main reasons for the same are given as under:
Improper application of roofing felt
Installing new shingles over the old and damaged shingles
4. Missing shingles: Some of the main reasons behind missing shingles are mentioned below:
Improper fastening of shingles
Ravages of elements like rain, storm, and snowfall
5. Curling of shingles: The main reasons behind curling of shingles are:
Lack of proper back-coating
Lack of proper ventilation
6. Blistering of roofs: One of the main reasons behind blistering of roofs is increase in moisture content of shingles.
Besides the roofing problems mentioned above, you might face other roofing issues like ceiling spots, rotting of roof, and missing granules.
Remember, you should not try fixing roofing problems on your own. This is because it might be risky for you because you are not trained. That is why it is advisable for you to hire a trained and experienced roofing contractor. Minneapolis residents when looking for such professionals have plenty of options to choose from. However, in order to get the best possible services you need to hire BBB (Better Business Bureau) accredited roofer.
Roofing contractor Minneapolis – Are you searching for an efficient and experienced roofing contractor? Minneapolis based Twin City Roofing is a one stop solution for you. They offer the best quality in roof products and service.