Hearing loss and hearing aid basics
There are three types of hearing loss; the type and the degree are what determines the treatment.
* Conductive hearing loss: This can be caused by a buildup of ear wax and is obviously easy to treat and eliminate
* Sensorineural hearing loss: This involves the nerves or the inner ear, this condition is treated with a hearing aid in Washington.
* Mixed hearing loss: Both conductive and sensorineural
People whose hearing may be failing will have certain experiences that may be indicative of potential hearing loss.
* Difficulty in following along in a conversation, exaggerated when there is a lot of background noise
* Tinnitus, a roaring or hissing sound in the ears
* Hard to hear the TV or radio when the volume is adequate for others
* Fatigue from attempting to hear
* Balance problems or dizziness
For people who have any of these early symptoms of hearing loss, your family doctor will probably direct you to an audiologist or an otolaryngologist. An audiologist is a professional who measures the degree of hearing loss by performing tests whereas an otolaryngologist is a professional doctor who specializes in ear, nose and throat disorders.
How can a hearing aid in Bremerton WA help?
Based on the outcome of your hearing test, the audiologist will know if hearing aids will work or not. A hearing aid usually will work with people who have sensorineural hearing loss. The choice of hearing aid has a lot to do with your circumstances; the audiologist will consider your current hearing ability, what activities you have at home and at work, any medical or physical limitations and the cosmetics. Whether you have one or two hearing aids is something that must be discussed between you and the audiologist, however, wearing two is usually the recommendation as the sounds are balanced better, you will have a better idea of where the sounds are emanating from and you will better understand words when you are in a noisy environment.
Depending on the severity of your hearing loss, there are a number of different types of hearing aids. It is important to understand that the smaller the hearing aid the more expensive it will be and the batteries will have to be changed far more frequently than a larger unit. Click here for quality hearing aid in Bremerton, WA for mild and severe hearing loss treatment.