Does Your Home Need Chimney Rebuilding in Carroll County MD?
The chimney of a home is crucial for keeping a family safe. Without a properly working chimney, carbon dioxide and other air contaminants can build up in a home. Though the structure of a chimney and fireplace are meant to last for years, long periods of exposure to weather can begin to cause damage. It is imperative homeowners are able to fully recognizes the signs of problems with their chimney so they will know when they need Chimney Rebuilding in Carroll County MD.
1. White staining on a chimney can be cleaned, but this does not take care of the damage that has been done. This issue arises due to moisture invading the brick. If this is not taken care of, it can result in dangerous damages.
2. A damper should never become rusty if it has been properly sealed. If the damper of a chimney is rusting, there is most likely a need for Chimney Rebuilding in Carroll County MD. Rusty dampers are signs of problems with moisture and should never be ignored.
3. When the mortar joints of a chimney are beginning to recede and crack, this will allow moisture in the brick. If left unrepaired, this could eventually lead to crumbling bricks and a complete breakdown of the chimney structure.
4. Spalling is a condition that occurs when moisture invades the masonry located at the ground level of the chimney. This causes damage to the masonry that can cause the entire chimney structure to eventually crumble.
5. When the chimney crown becomes damaged, this can lead to spalling and shalling damage. Since the crown offers protection against weather, it is crucial it is in good shape and not damaged. Damage to the crown of a chimney will continue to allow moisture cracks to occur.
Homeowners who have noticed these signs of damage with their chimney need to be aware of the repair and replacement services available. For more information on these services, visit MagicMountainChimney.com.
These chimney experts can inspect a home’s chimney to determine whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. Contact them right away and schedule an appointment so your chimney can be properly inspected.