Are you a businessman or an independent worker? Whatever may be your occupation, you must be familiar with the term ‘bankruptcy’. Most of the time, people tremble in fear at the very mention of this term. This is because bankruptcy has been portrayed as a black mark on the reputation of an individual. However, financial advisors know very well that it is a misconception.
Bankruptcy is not a black mark, rather it is a reset button for financial rebirth. This economic helpline that helps an indebted person to make a fresh start. However, it is not easy to press this button for a legal novice on his own. Do you know why? The answer is lack of legal knowledge and expertise. For a legal novice, understanding the different aspects of law might be a tough task. This is where bankruptcy attorneys play an important role.
Are you unable to repay your debts? Do you want to file for bankruptcy? Hire an experienced bankruptcy attorney right now. There are certain questions that should be considered when it comes to filing a bankruptcy petition. Some of them are given below. Have a look:
1. What is the amount of debt you are supposed to pay your creditor(s)?
2. What is the type of debt(s) like secured, priority or dischargeable?
3. How your assets are titled? Is there any co-owner(s)?
4. Is your spouse involved as co-debtor or co-owner of your assets?
5. What is your disposable income?
Your bankruptcy lawyer will consider all these factors mentioned above and do all that is necessary to help you out through these rough waters. If you live in a big city you will find a number of lawyers practicing there. Therefore, you need to be quite careful while selecting one. Some important tips mentioned below that will help you find the best legal representative. Read on!
1. You should go for a highly qualified lawyer.
2. You should hire an experienced and reputed lawyer.
3. You should not forget to check whether the lawyer you intend to hire is members with the following:
1. Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
2. National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
3. National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA)
4. American Bankruptcy Institute
These are some of the best ways to find an experienced bankruptcy attorney. Fairfax, VA residents have plenty of options to choose from. So, start searching now!